A mother feels very proud when the baby starts rolling over the floor mat or crawling. The little feet struggle to step ahead. Baby tries to walk with the support of mother’s hand. Now baby can chew a bit harder food because new milky teeth are coming out. This is the felicity of the age period from 6 to 12 months and at the same time when happiness is in the whole environment, there are many must basics associated with the baby sleep.
These baby sleep basics help a mother learn how to tackle difficult situations of baby disturbance and giving him or her, a proper and enough sleep. Baby sleep basics from 6 to 12 months are very essential to be learnt by a caring mother.
The babies are growing at a faster pace in this age. They need special care and sleep. A good sleep would keep a baby happy and healthy as well. A baby in the age of 6 to 12 months needs special attention because at this age the baby is prone to many hazards if not taken care of. The best method in this age is feed, play and sleep method that really proves beneficial for a mother.
Baby Sleep Basics: 6 to 12 Months
Here are some baby sleep basics for a baby aging from 6 to 12 months.
- In this age, a baby is a bit grown up. You have to teach a baby how to be cooperative with you. They must learn to sleep. After playing with your cute baby, leave him or her alone in the crib or the cot. Lie the baby on the proper side. Keep things causing disturbance to a sleeping baby, away from the baby. After adjusting all that, leave the room. The baby would start settling down but if he or she starts crying go back to the room and give him or her some more company.
- Make it sure that your baby is not hungry. Baby, if not properly fed, can not go to sleep. A baby needs to be fed after every two fourth hour and especially at the bed time.
- Take an inspection of the good health of the baby. Because of teething, a baby might face some temperature or disturbance issues. It depends on the baby’s level of pain tolerance when teeth are popping out, how much sleep is affected by teething. These issued should be timely addressed.
- Use baby’s favorite lullaby to play as the baby starts sleeping. Other things that create a sense of association for a baby can be a scarf, mobile phone, a blanket, a teddy bear or anything else that you think the baby to be associated with. These items keep the baby cool and relaxed even when you or not accompanying him or her. This would help developing self soothing habits in your baby.
- Overtiredness is something that contradicts our thinking about an awaking baby. Being tired also causes a baby not to have a sleep in the late hours. Let the baby enjoy dreams in a well suited and neat and safe cot.
- Baby sleep basics at this age include giving a good company by a mother. The baby is already associated with the mother before coming to the world from the womb. A mother shall establish a sense of security and association when she is with the baby. The more comfortable baby is more happy and healthy with the sleep.
A mother is always well aware of what her baby needs. She should develop a flexible schedule for her baby and should be ready to modify the schedule as required. Baby sleep basic from 6 to 12 months are not limited to the above mentioned basics. A mother should be responsive to the unpredictability of her baby.