Babies are giving very beautiful and charming looks when they are sleeping safe and healthy. A mother is not only contented but also quite worry free when her baby is enjoying good sleep. It surely pays to a mother when her baby is having good sleep time but it is not as easy to comfort a baby to sleep as is thought. This case is more sensitive when we think of the period from birth to the age of six months. A baby is highly unpredictable in this period.
Whether it is about food or sleep, a baby is always demanding and a mother has to give her baby much attention to soothe the baby. Baby sleep basic are essential to be considered by every mother.
Many mothers just think that it would make their life very easier if they make schedules for their baby in the period from birth to the age of six months but they ignore the factor of unpredictability in the baby’s nature. Baby sleep basics from birth to 6 month are really needed to be known to a mother so that she is satisfied that her baby is going to be a healthy baby and getting ready to excel in every sphere of life.
Baby Sleep Basics
Here are explained some useful baby sleep basics from birth to six months, designed for every mother.
- First of all a mother should know when her baby needs to sleep. From the birth to 6 months, a baby keeps on changing her sleeping habits. A mother can easily identify that her baby needs sleep if the baby is showing signs of being tired. These signs are indicator to a mother from her baby to take her to the crib or mattress. Crying, screaming, fussing, turning of the head away, looking away, weak arm and leg movements, grimaces on the face and clenching the fists are some signs of a baby needy f the sleep.
- The baby sleep basics include keeping the baby neat and clean, wearing soft and comfortable outfits and a fresh diaper and having a fully contented belly. Anything lacking can cause a baby to disturb you again and again while you are sleeping. Keep the baby clean by giving her a good bath.
- Keep your baby in a room that is airy and suffocation free. The room should be capacious. Anything that creates hazard to a sleeping baby should be removed from the baby room.
- Turn the lights down and use a very dim light bulb. Avoid direct contact of baby eyes with the light source. For this purpose do make a study of the positions your baby takes while sleeping. The automatic light can be installed in the baby room. This light turns on when it is dark any off when the dawn is there to welcome your cute baby.
- Mothers usually prefer arranging the babies in the crib for sleeping. A crib must be a safe one. All the measures should be taken for a baby crib safety as regards its structure, sturdiness, slate spacing and material. There should be nothing in the baby crib like toys, decorative pillows or anything causing disturbance while sleeping.
- Get a white noise CD from the market and let your baby enjoy the lullaby of the same voice that a baby uses to listen in the womb for more than nine months. This would surely help your baby take a full and safe sleep.
- The main thing is that a mother should be consistent in love and attention to her baby. Babies love to have the same love again and again.
Baby sleep basics from birth to six months would surely go a long way to help a mother to be comfortable while she is busy with the cooking in the kitchen or stitching new baby dress.